Who doesn’t like a brownie? Who loves it when it’s a healthy one with a cinnamon twist? This gluten-free treat can be served warm as a lush desert or cold as a slice, and goes so nicely with a cup of tea or coffee. Don’t feel guilty – enjoy, knowing that all ingredients are whole, real and nourishing. I like to use all organic ingredients, but you can do this with conventional ingredients. That’s your choice.
Say thanks to Dad on Fathers Day and make him this delicious gluten-free chocolate brownie served with dairy free chocolate sauce.
- 1 cup almond meal, blanched
- 1/2 cup Gen 1:29 Superseed from Natural Earth Health Products
- 1 cup dried pitted dates
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil - melted
- 1/2 cup of Blendz Balance and Enliven Raw Cacao and True Cinnamon Blend from Natural Earth Health Products
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste or powder
- 1/4 tsp gluten-free baking powder
Process almond meal and dates until fine. Add all other ingredients and blend. Pour into lined baking tin and pop into a preheated oven at 180 degrees C. Serve warm with chocolate sauce, cream or for a dairy free option – whipped coconut cream and raspberries would just make it perfect!
I love serving with Coconut Fluff!! Simply put a can of coconut cream, without preserves, into the freezer to chill. Empty it into your blender or Thermomix (with butterfly) and whip! You can add a touch of coconut sugar to taste and while whipping, add a few defrosted frozen organic raspberries for a touch of colour and flavour.
Dairy Free Chocolate Sauce
- 100g raw cacao butter
- 40g raw cacao powder (we sell the worlds best true raw cacao on our website from Big Tree Farms)
- 60g Organic Maple Syrup (also on our webstore)
- 1tsp vanilla powder or paste
- pinch sea salt
Chop and melt cacao butter add remaining ingredients and whisk together. Pour over brownie whilst still warm!