Chocolate Superseed LOVE log
This is a decadent treat to make for your loved one this Valentines Day or any day really as it is soooo delish!
- 1 1/4 cup Gen 1:29 Superseed (see note below)
- 1 cups Natural Earth Australian Organic Fruit blend
- 1/4 cup organic raw cacao
- 1 1/4 cups of organic dates
- 2 Tbs hazlenut meal (omit if using Gen 1:29 Pregnancy and Breast Feeding Blend in place of Gen 1:29 Superseed)
- 200gm white chocolate
- 150gm dark chocolate
- 1/2 -3/4 cup of natural earth super berry mix
- Cover the dates in boiling water to soak for half hour then drain. Process to a paste.
- Pulse fruit in food processor until roughly chopped. Add Gen 1:29 Superseed mix and cacao and process until crumbly.
- Place mix in a large bowl add date paste and mix together with hands well.
- On baking paper roll out into a rectangle approx 25 x 24cm
- Let firm up in fridge - approx 1/2 hr
- Melt white chocolate in a heat proof bowl over a saucepan with simmering hot water. Stir continuously until melted.
- Take chilled slab from fridge then cover in melted white chocolate. Slowly pour and smooth over with the back of a spoon.
- Sprinkle chocolate with berries straight away before the chocolate sets, then gently but firmly roll into a log and let set in fridge.
- Leave to cool and set for 1/2 hr.
- Melt dark chocolate in a heat proof bowl over a saucepan with simmering hot water. Stir continuously until melted.
- Trim to neaten the edges.
- With log on baking paper cover with melted dark chocolate . Slowly pour and and use a knife or the back of a spoon to smooth over the log.
- Keep in fridge until set and ready to slice and enjoy.
Be careful not to eat too much - its hard to stop once you start!
Slowly but surely work your way through the log.
TIP: Hide it from everyone else :)
Note: We chose to use the pregnancy and breastfeeding blend as it has hazelnuts in it which make a great flavour addition to this recipe. You can add 2 Tbs of hazelnut meal to the Superseed you have if not using the pregnancy and breastfeeding blend.