What makes these cookies so special is that they contain galactagogues, which are substances that promote lactation in humans. The combination of our Pregnancy and Breastfeeding formula along with the oats are a winner!
- 1 cup organic oats
- 1 cup organic spelt flour
- 1/2 cup Gen 1:29 Pregnancy and Breastfeeding formula
- 1 tsp bi-carbonate soda
- 1/2 cup butter or coconut oil melted
- 1/2 cup coconut or rapadura sugar (you could use honey if you want to)
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons of filtered water
- 1 tsp vanilla powder and or 1 teaspoon cinnamon and or nutmeg - depending on your flavour preference
- pinch of good quality salt ie; himalayan salt
MethodPreheat Oven to 170c Makes approx 12.
In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar or honey, then add the egg and vanilla. Mix well. Add the dry ingredients.Using a dessert spoon, place balls of the mix onto a lines tray and flatten with a fork or your fingers.
Bake the lactation cookies for around 10-12 minutes, depending on how well cooked or crunchy you like your biscuits.
Variation Ideas: There are so many delicious ingredients you can add to your lactation cookies to change them up!
Add coconut, banana, grated apple, chocoalte chips, sultanas, almonds, macadamia nuts, walnuts, chopped dried apricots, chopped prunes, dates… the list is endless.