Spiced Honey and Ginger Loaf
This is one of my all time favourties. I love it just out of the oven with butter - but a day old is so very nice warmed in the toaster. A great lunch box treat - it is very easy to make and does not require a food processor.
- 3/4 Cup Honey
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Filtered Water
- 1 3/4 Cups of Organic Spelt Flour
- 1/1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda (Baking Soda Aluminium Free)
- 2 tsp Organic Ginger Powder
- 1 knob of fresh Ginger - grated
- 1 tsp All Spice
- 1 tsp Cinnamon (I use the variety True Verum from Ceylon)
- 1 tsp Organic Nutmeg ground
- 2 eggs - lightly beaten
- Organic Butter - to serve!
Method1. Grease and Line a loaf pan with baking paper. (12 x 22cm)
2. Place sugar, honey and water in a medium saucepan. Stir over heat until dissolved. Then bring to the Boil for 1 min.
3. Grate in fresh ginger to mix stir and then cool slightly and set aside.
4. Sift flour and add all dry ingredients including spices into a separate bowl.
5. Pour cooled mix over the dry ingredients and whisk together to combine.
6. Whisk in Eggs until smooth. Pour into prepared loaf tin.
7. Cook in over on 170 degrees until bounces back and is cooked through when tested with a skewer - approx 40 mins.
8. Cool on wire rack and serve with butter and a extra sprinkle of cinnamon. Enjoy!